Document Collections related to Pembrokeshire at the National Library of Wales
- Deeds donated by W E R Allen relating to co. Pembroke, 1753-1850
- Deeds and documents, 1617-1869, of the Hughes family of Allt-lwyd, in Llansanffraid [CGN]parish, relating to counties of Cardigan,Carmarthen and Pembroke.
- Deeds and documents, donated by Mrs Helen E Behrens,1720-1938, of the Davies family of Llwyn, Cardigan and Ffrwdfal and Rhosybedw in Carmarthen, relating to counties of Cardigan, Carmarthen and Pembroke.
- Deeds donated by Mrs J.Augusta Berry, 1753-1865, relating to properties in Glamorganshire, Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire.
- Records of the Cilgwyn estate in the counties of Cardigan, Carmarthen and Pembroke [and in Paddington, Middlesex], and the families of Lloyd, Hall and Fitzwilliams, 1509-1936
- Records of the Clynfiew estate and family papers, C16-C19, relating to Lewis of Llwyngrawys, Cardiganshire, and Clynfiew, Pembrokeshire; Williams of Trefach, Pembrokeshire; and Bowen of Pantyderi, Pembrokeshire and Cardiganshire.
- Deeds and documents deposited by Messrs Eaton Evans & Morris of Haverfordwest relating to Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire and Gloucestershire, 1621-1891.
- Deeds and documents deposited by T.I. Ellis, mainly C18-C19, relating to the estate of the Davies family of Castle Green, Cardigan, and of Carnachenwen, near Fishguard, and to other properties in the counties of Cardigan and Pembroke.
- Deeds and papers deposited by D. Roy Evans including manuscripts of the works of Mrs A.A. Puddicombe[Allen Raine]; deeds relating to Laugharne, 1609-1756, and to the counties of Cardigan, Carmarthen and Pembroke, 1695-1877.
- Records of the Pryse family of Gogerddan, Cardiganshire ; and the associated families of Lewes of Abernantbychan, Cardiganshire, and Hean Castle, Pembrokeshire ; Lewis of Llangors, Breconshire ; Lloyd of Aberllefenni, Merionethshire ; and Loveden of Buscot Park, Berkshire. Include deeds from C14 ; manorial records C17-C19 ; and silver and lead mining records C17-C20.
- Deeds deposited by Messrs Jackson & Awdry relating to properties in Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire, 1699-1748
- Deeds from the collection of Sir Evan D. Jones relating to properties in Cardiganshire and Pembrokeshire, 1675-1720.
- Estate and family records, C16-C20, of Bowen of Llwyngwair, Pembrokeshire, with records and associated estates, particularly that of Bevan of Laugharne, Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire
- Estate and family records of Lloyd of Mabws, Cardiganshire, Philipps of Hafodneddyn, Carmarthenshire, and Lloyd of Penty Park, Pembrokeshire, mostly relating to CMN and PEM , 1590-1916.
- Records of the Picton family of Poyston, Pembrokeshire, and Iscoed, Carmarthenshire, and of its estates in Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire and Glamorganshire, C18-C20
- Records from the offices of Morgan Richardson, solicitors, Cardigan, C16-C20, with family papers of Thomas Morgan, solicitor, C19. Estates include those of ............................................ Vaughan and Millingchamp of Plas Llangoedmor, Cardiganshire; Pigeonsford and Brynog, Cardiganshire; Posty, Pembrokeshire.
- Deeds deposited by Miss N. Thomas, Saundersfoot relating to properties in Pembrokeshire, Carmarthen and Cardiganshire, 1553-1877.
- Deeds relating to the Ty-Llwyd estate, parishes of Betws Ifan and Blaenporth, Cardiganshire, and other property in Cardiganshire, Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire, 1590-1852.
- Bronwydd. Manuscripts and records relating to the family of Bronwydd, co Cardigan, and their ancestors, the Owens of Henllys, co Pembroke. including literary, genealogical and historical manuscripts of George Owen of Henllys [c.1552-1613]; manorial records relating to the hundred and barony of Cemais in Pembrokeshire ; and deeds , mostly C16th-C18th.
- Spence-Colby. Deeds, 1507-1810, relating mainly to estates in co Pembroke later owned by the Colby family of Ffynone ; Pembrokeshire militia papers, 1780-1800.
- Corston. Records of the Leach family of Corston, co. Pembroke, 1652-1900, including correspondence and family papers, C18th-C19th., and deeds, mostly relating to south Pembrokeshire, some relating to coal mines, 1652-1890.
- Cottesmore. Estate and family records of Massey of Cottesmore, co. Pembroke ; estates in co Pembroke, C18th-C19th., in Limerick, Ireland, C17th-C19th.
- Estate records of the family of Rice of Newton and Dynefwr, later barons Dynevor, 1514-C20, the estates lying in counties of Carmarthen, Glamorgan and Pembroke
- Deeds and documents deposited by Messrs Eaton, Evans and Williams of Haverfordwest, 1296-1928, relating mainly to co. Pembroke ; including records of the estates of the families of Phillips of Trelewelyn, Harry of Cwmwdig, Elliot of Earwere, Wogan of Wiston, Barlow of Slebech, Simmons of Llanstinan, Warren of Trewern, Laugharne of St Brides, Harries of Tregwynt, Tancred of Dudwell, and Bowen of Upton ; records of the manors of Manorbier, Penely, and Prendergast, 1618-1850.
- Deeds [donated by the Rev J T Evans] relating to cos Pembroke and Gloucester, 1584-1832. Also papers relating to his parents, Titus and Elizabeth Evans.
- Records of the estate of the family of Foley of Ridgeway, co Pembroke mainly in that county, 1366-1869.
- Deeds acquired from Francis Green [1854-1942], lawyer and antiquary, mostly relating to co Pembroke, C17th-C19th, including some relating to the Green family, 1806-80, and papers from the office of James Summers, solicitor, Haverfordwest, 1826-67. Also a facsimile of the Francis Green MSS in Haverfordwest public library, an invaluable source for the genealogy of south west Wales families.
- Letters and papers, 1581-1805, relating to Sir William Hamilton's estates in co Pembroke ; and to improvement schemes by the Grenville family at Milford haven, 1794-1813.
- Records relating to the charity established by John Jones of Carmarthen, physician[d 1697], for the benefit of the poor of several Pembrokeshire parishes, 1699-1941, including deeds from 1571.
- Records from the office of D.T.M. Jones, Llandovery, solicitor. Include office correspondence from 1775 and records relating to the estates of Abermarlais, Briwnant, Cynghordy, Glansevin, Glanyrannell, Llwyncelyn and Ton, Carmarthenshire ; Glan-bran co Glamorgan ; and Honeyborough, co Pembroke
- Records of the Llangibby estate and other properties, mainly in cos Mon, Gla, and Pembroke, C13th-C20th ; correspondence, mainly of the families of Powell and Addams-Williams, C17th-C20th; a collection of literay and historical manuscripts.
- Records of the associated families of Evans, Hayward, and Phillips of Maenol, near Llanidloes, co Montgomery, and especially of Thomas Hayward, solicitor, Llanidloes, including deeds relating to cos Montgomery, Pembroke, and Radnor, C18th-C20th.
- Records of the Howell and Powell family relating to the Maesgwynne estate and other properties in cos CMN and Pembroke, 1565-1888
- Deeds [donated by Major Saurin, Penally] relating mainly to co Pembroke especially Jones of Cilwendeg and the Saurin family, 1625-1882, include documents relating to the Skerries lighthouse, Anglesey, 1730-1847.
- Deeds and documents relating to Pengelly, parish of Troedyraur, co Cardigan, and to other properties in cos Cardigan and Pembroke, 1564-1865
- Papers of William Rees [Arianglawdd, 1854-1934], Baptist minister and author; of Pembrokeshire interest.
- Deeds relating to the family of Tucker of Sealyham, co Pembroke, 1746-1843.
- Records [ deposited by Mrs Johns and Mrs Bowen of Trenewydd] of estates of the families of Thomas of Carmarthen, and of Posty and Cilciffeth, co Pembroke, Gwynne of Cilciffeth and Court, and Mortimer of Trehowel and Penysgwarn, co Pembroke, 1488-1926. Other records at Pem Archives.
Gareth Hicks 15 Jan 2001