In 1868, the parish of Pembroke St Mary contained the following places:
"PEMBROKE DOCK, (or Pater) a fortified dockyard in in the parish of Pembroke St. Mary, it is a district parish situated in Milford Haven, and within the parliamentary borough of Milford, hundred of Roose, county Pembroke, 2 miles N.W. of Pembroke. It is the terminus of the Pembroke and Tenby railway. The village is situated opposite New Milford, on the S. side of Milford Haven, and has risen into importance since the decline of Milford. Here are situated the barracks, Hobb's Point jetty, lately purchased by Government, and extensive slips for shipbuilding. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of St. David's, value £300, in the patronage of the crown and bishop alternately. The church is a modem structure, dedicated to St. John the Evangelist.