The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"PRENDERGAST, a parish in the hundreds of Haverfordwest and Dungleddy, county Pembroke, 1 mile from Haverfordwest, its post town, and 10 from Narberth. It is a suburb of Haverfordwest, situated at the bridge on the river Cleddy. Here are ruins of Prendergast Place, formerly the seat of the Stepneys and Prendergasts, from which family the parish derives its name. Tho living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value £183. The church, dedicated to St. David, is an ancient structure with a low turret. The chancel contains tablets to the Picton family, &c."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018