The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"RHOSCROWTHER, a parish in the hundred of Castlemartin, county Pembroke, 6 miles from Pembroke, its post town, and 2 S. of Milford. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the Haven, near Angle Bay. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David's, value £307, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to St. Decumanus, is an ancient cruciform structure with a tower. The interior of the church contains two or three sculptured figures. The chancel was completely restored and a Sunday-school building erected in 1851."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018