1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Rudbaxton contained the following places:
"RUDBAXTON, a parish in the hundred of Dungleddy, county Pembroke, 3 miles N. of Haverfordwest, its post town, and 12 from Narberth. It is situated near the river Cleddy, and includes Poyston, the native place of General Picton. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David's, value £199. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The parochial charities produce about £2 per annum. Wythy Bush is the principal residence."
"POYSTON, a hamlet in the parish of Rudbaxton, hundred of Roose, county Pembroke, 2 miles N. of Haverfordwest, within the limits of which borough it is situated."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018