1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Spittal contained the following places:
"SPITTAL, a parish in the hundred of Dungleddy, county Pembroke, 5 miles N.E. of Haverfordwest, its post town, and 10 from Fishguard. The village is situated on a branch of the -river Cleddy. It had formerly a chapel or hospital belonging to Slebech preceptory. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £79, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The Independents and Wesleyans have each a chapel."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018