In 1868, the parish of St Dogwells contained the following places:
"ST. DOGWELL'S, a parish in the hundred of Dewisland, in the county of Pembroke, South Wales, 7 miles N. of Haverford-West. There are some slate-quarries in the neighbourhood. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's, value £71, in the patronage or the dean and chapter, who are lords of the manor. The church is dedicated to St. Dogvael. The parochial charities produce about £8 per annum. There are some Druidical remains, and the ruins of a castle. Seeley House is the principal residence.
"PANT-Y-GROES, a hamlet in the parish of St. Dogwell's, county Pembroke, near Cardigan."