The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"ST. ISSELL'S, a parish in the hundred of Narberth, county Pembroke, 3 miles N. of Tenby. The village, which is considerable, is situated on Carmarthen Bay, and is resorted to for sea-bathing. Some of the inhabitants are employed in the export of coal and culm from Saunders foot pier. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of St. David's, value £114, in the patronage of the chapter. The parochial charities produce about £15 per annum, chiefly the endowment of Jones's school. Kilgetty, the ancient seat of the Picton family, is now a farmhouse.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018