The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"STACKPOLE-ELIDOR, a parish in the hundred of Castlemartin, county Pembroke, 3 miles S. of Pembroke, its post town. It is situated on the shore of Stackpole Creek and Head, opposite the Stack Rocks in the Bristol Channel. The living is a rectory, with that of St. Petrox annexed, in the diocese of St. David's, joint value £350. The church is dedicated to St. James. Stackpole Court is erected on the site of the ancient castle."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018