The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"WALTON EAST, a parish in the hundred of Dungleddy, county Pembroke, 7 miles N.E. of Haverfordwest. It was anciently called Wale-town, from its founder W. De Wale, who bestowed it on the neighbouring commandery of Knights Hospitallers at Slebeth. The parish contains only 110 acres, but the village is considerable. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £60. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The charities consist of a share with Llysvraen."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018