1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Walwyns Castle contained the following places:
"WALWYNS CASTLE, a parish in the hundred of Roose, county Pembroke, 6 miles S.W. of Haverfordwest, its post town, and 4 from Milford. The parish includes the hamlet of Silver Hill, and has traces of Castell Gwalchmai tumulus. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David's, value £270. The church is dedicated to St. James."
"SILVER HILL, a village in the parish of Walwyns Castle, county Pembroke, 4 miles N.W. of Milford."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018