Lytham - Bartholemew 1887
Gazetteer of the British Isles, John Bartholomew - 1887
Lytham, town and par. with ry. sta., N. Lancashire, on estuary of the Ribble, 7 miles SE. of Blackpool and 14 miles W. of Preston - par. (containing the greater part of St Annes on Sea), 5310 ac. and 9872 foreshore, pop. 5268; town, pop. 4122; P.O., T.O., 3 Banks, 1 newspaper. Lytham is situated on the N. shore of the estuary of the Ribble, and is a great resort during the spring and summer months. The pier (1864) is 900 ft. long, and there is a splendid beach, also a promenade and marine drive. About a mile to the E. is Lytham Pool, an anchorage of vessels for the port of Preston. The trade of the town is connected with the supply required by visitors.