The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"ASHBY-MEARS, a parish in the hundred of Hansfordshoe, in the county of Northampton, 3 miles to the S.W. of Wellingborough. Northampton is its post town. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough, value £235, in the patronage of Mrs. M. Newby's Trustees. The church is dedicated to All Saints. Ashby-Mears House is the principal residence."