The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"COLLEYWESTON, a parish in the hundred of Willybrook, in the county of Northampton, 4 miles S.W. of Stamford, its post town, and 6½ from Wansford. It is situated near the river Welland. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough, value £252, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, was built in the 14th century of barnack stone, and is in good repair. Here are several slate-quarries. The Marquis of Exeter is lord of the manor."