The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"MORTON-PINKNEY, a parish in the hundred of Greens-Norton, county Northampton, 10 miles N. of Brackley, and 8 W. of Towcester. Banbury is its post town. The parish, which is of large extent, is chiefly agricultural. There is a mineral spring in the neighbourhood. The manufacture of lace is carried on extensively. The soil is chiefly clay on a substratum of iron and sandstone. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment under an Enclosure Act in 1761. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Peterborough, value £167, in the patronage of Oriel College, Oxford. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a stone structure with a low embattled tower containing a clock and five bells. The church was restored and the chancel rebuilt in 1845. The parochial charities produce about £22 10s. per annum. There is a National school supported by subscription. The Baptists have a place of worship. Edward Candler, Esq., is lord of the manor."