The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"NEWTON-BROMSHOLD, a parish in the hundred of Higham-Ferrers, county Northampton, 3 miles S.E. of Higham-Ferrers, its post town, and 8 from Wellingborough. The parish, which is inconsiderable, is wholly agricultural. It is situated on the confines of the county of Bedford, and was anciently called Bromswold. The tithes have been commuted under an Enclosure Act for 170 acres of glebe and a money payment. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Peterborough, value £180, in the patronage of All Souls' College, Oxford. The church is a small ancient structure dedicated to St. Peter."