Syresham With Crowfield
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"SYRESHAM-WITH-CROWFIELD, a parish in the hundred of King's-Sutton, county Northampton, 4½ miles N.E. of Brackley, its post town. The village is situated on a branch of the river Ouse, and on the road from Brackley to Towcester. There are stone quarries. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Peterborough, value £152. The church is dedicated to St. James. The parochial charities produce about £28 per annum. There is a village school for both sexes, endowed with an annuity of £16. The Wesleyans have a chapel. Nicholas Parry, Esq., is lord of the manor."