Woodford In Huxloe
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"WOODFORD IN HUXLOE, a parish in the hundred of Huxloe, county Northampton, 2½ miles S.W. of Thrapstone, and 7 from Higham Ferrers. The village is situated on the road from Thrapston to Wellingborough, on the northern bank of the river Nene. The land is chiefly arable. In the neighbourhood are three tumuli, near which have been found Roman tiles, fragments of tesselated pavement, an urn, and two coins of the lower Empire inscribed Constantinopolis. The living is a rectory in two united medieties in the diocese of Peterborough, value £500. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is supposed to have been built about the 13th or 14th century. W. Bruce Stopford, Esq., of Drayton House, is lord of the manor."