The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"EASTON NESTON, a parish in the hundred of Cleley, county Northampton, 12 mile N. E. of Towcester, its post, town, and 3½ miles S. of the Blisworth station. It contains the townships of Hulcote and Showsley, and is situated on the river Tove. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough, value £151, in the patronage of the Earl of Pomfret, who is also lord of the manor, and has a noble mansion here. The church, dedicated-to St. Mary, is an ancient structure, with tower containing six bells and a clock; and contains monuments of the Fermor family. The charities, principally derived from the Hulcote Estate, produce about £150 a year, applied chiefly to the support of the free school for boys and girls. The chief seat is Easton Neaten House, built by Wren and Hawksmoor, in which the collection of marbles, afterwards presented by the Countess of Pomfret to the University of Oxford, was originally formed."
"HULCOTE, a hamlet in the parish of Easton-Neston, hundred of Cleley, county Northampton, 1½ mile N.E. of Towcester."
"SHOWSLEY, a hamlet in the parish of Easton Neston, county Northampton, 2 miles N.E. of Towcester."