[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"DUNTON, a parish in the hundred of BIGGLESWADE, county of BEDFORD, 3 miles (E. by S.) from Biggleswade, containing, with Millo, 332 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £10. Earl Spencer was patron in 1806. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
"MILLOW, a hamlet in the parish of DUNTON, hundred of BIGGLESWADE, county of BEDFORD, 3 miles (E. S. E.) from Biggleswade. The population is returned with the parish. The chapel has been demolished."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]