We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Everton, Bedfordshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1831.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831]
(unless otherwise stated)
"EVERTON, a parish in the hundred of BIGGLESWADE, county of BEDFORD, 4¾ miles (N. by E.) from Biggleswade, containing, with Tetworth, 854 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage with that of Tetworth united to it, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £6.13.9., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Clare Hall, Cambridge. The church, which stands in the county of Huntingdon, is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2013]