GENUKI Home page    Marston Moretaine Parish<br>main page Marston Moretaine
Parish
main page

MARSTON-MORETAINE:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.

[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831]
(unless otherwise stated)

"MARSTON-MORETAINE, a parish in the hundred of REDBORNESTOKE, county of BEDFORD, 4 Miles (north-west) from Ampthill, containing 899 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £33.17.3½, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of St. John's College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St. Mary is in the later style of English architecture: the tower is detached. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."

[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards 2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson 2010]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014