[Transcribed information from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire - 1898]
"SALFORD, a parish and village on the Buckinghamshire border, 2¼ miles north-west from Ridgmont and 2 miles west from Woburn Sands stations on the Bedford and Bletchley branch of the North Western railway, 12 south-west from Bedford, 5 north from Woburn and 53½ from London, in the Southern division of the county, hundred of Manshead, petty sessional division and union of Woburn, county court district of Leighton Buzzard, rural deanery of Fleete, archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Ely.
The soil is gravel and loam; subsoil gravel. The chief crops are wheat, oats, barley, beans and pens. The area is 871 acres ; rateable value, £919; the population in 1891 was 178."