Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Stotfold, Bedfordshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1831.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831]
(unless otherwise stated)
"STOTFOLD, a parish in the hundred of CLIFTON, county of BEDFORD, 2½ miles (north-west) from Baldock, containing 693 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the kings's books at £5.17.1., endowed with £1200 private benefaction, £400 royal bounty, and £900 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2013]