We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Sundon, Bedfordshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1831.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831]
(unless otherwise stated)
"SUNDON, a parish in the hundred of FLITT, county of BEDFORD, 4¾ miles (north-north-west) from Luton, containing 387 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £8. 6. 8., endowed with £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of J. R. Cuthbert, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is partly in the decorated style of architecture. A market and fair, formerly held by royal grant in 1316, have been long disused."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2013]