[Transcribed information from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire - 1864]
"WESTONING, a parish and a large village, in the hundred of Manshead, union and county court district of Ampthill, rural deanery of Fleete, archdeaconry of Bedford, diocese of Ely, situated 4 miles south from Ampthill, 6 east from Woburn, and 8 north from the railway station at Dunstable. The church of St. Mary Magdalene is in the Perpendicular style of architecture, with nave and chancel; it was restored m the year 1857. The living is a vicarage, annual value £260, with residence, in the patronage of the Rev. John William Coventry Campion, J.P., who is lord of the manor and chief owner of the soil, and who has here a delightful seat in the Elizabethan style; the Rev. Thomas Pearse, M.A., of St. John's College, Cambridge, is the vicar. Here is a National school for both sexes. The population in 1861 was 784; the acreage is 1,716."