[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"WHIPSNADE, a parish in the hundred of Manshead, county Beds, 5 miles south-west of Luton, and 3 south west of the railway station at Dunstable. The village is situated on the borders of Hertfordshire. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £155. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a Sunday-school. Whipsnade is a meet for Mr. Brand's hounds."
"THE GREEN, a hamlet in the parish of Whipsnade, county of Bedfordshire, adjoining Whipsnade to the west."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013