[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"BARTON is a parish on the Bourn brook, 1¼ miles north-east from Lord's Bridge station on the Bedford and Cambridge branch of the London, Midland and Scottish railway, and about 3½ west-south-west from Cambridge, in the hundred of Wetherley, union of Chesterton, petty sessional division and county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Barton and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil and subsoil are of a clayey nature. The chief crops are wheat, barley, clover and roots. The area is 1,834 acres; the population in 1921 was 243."