GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire   NeighboursNearby places

DULLINGHAM

[Transcribed and edited information mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"DULLINGHAM, a parish in the hundred of Radfield, in the county of Cambridge, 4 miles south-west of Newmarket, its post town, and 10 north-east of Cambridge. It is a railway on the Cambridge and Newmarket branch of the Great Eastern line. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £165, in the patronage of Mrs. Pigott. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is an ancient edifice of stone, with tower and clock, and contains an ancient font, and monuments to the Jeaffreson family. The parochial charities amount to about £123 per annum, £100 of which is Leader's for clothing. The Wesleyan Methodists have a chapel, and there is an endowed school. Christopher William Robinson, Esq., is lord of the manor. Dullingham House and Hare Park are the principal residences."

[Transcribed mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010

Cemeteries

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Gazetteers

Military History

Taxation

This page was previously maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014