"GRAVELEY, a parish in the hundred of Papworth, county Cambridge, 5 miles north-west of Caxton, and 6 south-east of Huntingdon, its post town. The Offord station on the Great Northern line of railway, is about 3 miles north-west of the village. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment under an Enclosure Act in 1802. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £312, in the patronage of Jesus College, Cambridge, the master and fellows of which are the lords of the manor. The church is an ancient structure dedicated to St. Botolph. The parochial charities, including £6 to Trotter's school, produce about £48 per annum. The Primitive Methodists have a chapel in the village. Graveley Lodge is the principal residence."