Hauxton, Cambridgeshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1835.
HAUXTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"HAUXTON, a parish in the hundred of THRIPLOW, county of CAMBRIDGE, 4 miles (S. by W.) from Cambridge, containing 236 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage with that of Newton, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £6. 16., and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The church, dedicated to St. Edmund, is principally in the Norman style."