[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"HISTON, a parish in the hundred of CHESTERTON, county of CAMBRIDGE, 3 miles (N. by W.) from Cambridge, containing 678 inhabitants. The living comprises the consolidated discharged vicarages of St. Andrew and St. Etheldreda, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated jointly in the king's books at A14.3. 6., and endowed with £200 royal bounty. The Heirs of - Mitchell, Esq. were patrons in 1820. The church of St. Andrew is partly in the early, and partly in the later, style of English architecture; that of St. Etheldreda has been entirely demolished. Here is one of the five schools founded, in 1722, by Mrs. Elizabeth March, who endowed them with lands now producing £100 per annum."