Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Kennett, Cambridgeshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1835.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"KENNETT, a parish in the hundred of STAPLOE, county of CAMBRIDGE, 5 miles (N. E;) from Newmarket, containing 164 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Sudbury, and diocese of Norwich, rated in the king's books at £11. 10.10. 0. Godfrey, Esq. was patron in 1813. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. In June 1647, this place was the headquarters of the parliamentarian army."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]