[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"LITLINGTON is a parish, about 4 miles north-east from Ashwell station on the Hitchin, Royston and Cambridge line of the London and North Eastern railway, 4 north-west from Royston, in the hundred of Armingford, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union and county court district of Royston, rural deanery of Shingay and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is clayey and chalk, and the subsoil is clay and clunch. The chief crops are wheat, barley, oats, beans, peas and turnips. The area is 2,172 acres; the population in 1921 was 413."