|Tydd St Giles
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"TYDD ST. GILES (or Tid St. Giles) is a parish in the Isle of Ely, on the Lincolnshire border of the county, about 3 miles east from Tydd station on the Peterborough and Wisbech section of the Midland and Great Northern joint railway, 6 north-west from Wisbech and 96 from London, in the Wisbech hundred, union, petty sessional division and county court district, and in the rural deanery and archdeaconry of Wisbech and diocese of Ely.
The Ecclesiastical Commissioners are lords of the manor of Wisbech Barton, which extends into this parish. The soil is loam; subsoil, clay. The chief crops are fruit, wheat, oats, beans, mustard, potatoes and peas. The area of the parish is 4,761 acres of land and inland water, and 10 of tidal water and 11 of foreshore; the population in 1921 was 1,213."