Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1868.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868.
[Extracted from A brief history of Ely and neighbouring villages in the Isle' by J.H. Clements 1868]
"WENTWORTH, (or Wingford), a parish in the hundred of South Witchford. This parish, which lies between Witcham and Haddenham, has a population of about 180 souls, and contains 1,520 acres. The manor formerly belonged to the abbey of Ely. It now belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The rectory is worth about £3OO per annum, and is held by the Rev. R. Rainbird."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from A brief history of Ely and neighbouring villages in the Isle' by J.H. Clements 1868]