"CARLATTON, an extra-parochial liberty in the ward of Eskdale, in the county of Cumberland, 9 miles to the E. of Carlisle. It has an area of about 1,800 acres, which are rated at £1,000, and belong to the Earl of Carlisle. There are corn and saw-mills, but no church or village. The last incumbent was Richard Hogge, who is entered in the bishop's register in 1380."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]