BELPER, Derbyshire

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 180
1851 H.O. 107 / 2144
1861 R.G. 9 / 2509 & 2510
1891 R.G. 12 / 2743 & 2744
1901 R.G. 13 / 3228
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Correctional Institutions

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"BELPER is a market town and chapelry, in the parish of Duffield, and hundred of Appletree; 134 miles from London, 54 S.E. from Manchester, 16 S. from Chesterfield, 8 N. from Derby, and the like distance S.S.E. from Matlock. Beaurep'd and Beaureper, were modes of spelling, by which this town was designated in ancient documents; it was then an inconsiderable village, but has now become one of the most flourishing market towns in Derbyshire."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

The town is on the eastern bank of the River Derwent, 7 miles north of Derby. The parish covers about 2,700 acres.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Military Records

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Belper/index.html

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.