LONG EATON, Derbyshire

Cemeteries

Return to top of page

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2492
1891 R.G. 12 / 2723 & 2724
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"LONG EATON, a township and district parish in the parish of Sawley, hundred of Morleston, county Derby, 7½ miles S.W. of Nottingham, and 10 S.E. of Derby, its post town. It is a station on the Midland Counties railway. The village is situated near the Erwash canal. Owing to the greatly increased amount of railway traffic this place has recently much improved, and the village is now lighted with gas."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Names, Personal

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/LongEaton/index.html