SHELDON, Derbyshire

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2539
1871 R.G. 10 / 3627
1881 R.G. 11 / 3447
1891 R.G. 12 / 2773
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"SHELDON, a chapelry in the parish of Bakewell, hundred of High Peak, county Derby, 3 miles W. of Bakewell, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is situated near the river Wye, and is chiefly agricultural. A portion of the inhabitants are engaged in the lead mines. The impropriate tithes belong to the Dean and Chapter of Lichfield, and to the Duke of Devonshire."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin HINSON ©2003]

The parish covers 1,070 acres.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Folklore

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Sheldon/index.html

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.