THRUSHELTON, or Thruselton, is a scattered parish, 10 miles S.W. by W. of Okehampton, containing 628 souls, and 3714A. of land, generally having a heavy soil, resting on clay, limestone, and manganese. T. H. Tremayne, Esq., is lord of the manors of Thrushelton and Canonbarn, impropriator of the rectory, and patron of the vicarage, which is annexed to that of Mary Stowe. J. G. Newton and several smaller owners have estates here. The Church (St. George,) is a small structure, with a tower and five bells. The tithes were commuted in 1839, the rectorial for £130, and the vicarial for £109 per annum.
Davey Anthy. & Down Wm. carpenters Ellis Wm, blacksmith Frise Thomas, shoemaker Parsons John, vict. New Inn, Lew Down Rice Roger, schoolmaster Yelland Wm. beer seller
FARMERS. (*are Owners.)
Abell Henry Down Richard Frise Robert Hamley John, Mills Horn John, miller Jeffery Wm.
Kennard George Mason Mr *Northcott John *Northcott Roger *Page John & Thos. *Palmer Thomas *Perry John S. *Perry Wm.& John Reynolds Mr *Smith Philip *Soper Jane Tapson John Taunton Peter Took John Watkins Wm.