[Transcribed and edited information from The Victoria County History series- 1932]
"DENTON is a small parish stretching in a long narrow strip from west to east, and measures about a quarter of a mile across from north to south. These long, narrow parishes seem to represent the divisions of the marsh (or fen) by Turchil. He apparently added a narrow strip of marsh (fen) to Caldecote, Denton and Stilton, and so brought them into contact with the mere. Denton lies to the south of Caldecote and to the north of Glatton and Holme. Ermine Street (the Great North Road) runs north and south through the parish. The soil and sub-soil are Oxford clay with some gravel, and the chief crops are wheat, barley and peas. There are several farms in the parish.
The ground rises to about 60 ft. above sea-level at Ermine Street, and reaches 220 ft. in the west of the parish, where a country of gentle hills contrasts with the fenland in the east. The village is about one mile west of Ermine Street (which was the old Great North Road, and now the A1(M) Trunk Road), and situated towards the western end of the parish; it lies about 75 ft. above sea-level. The church is in the middle of the village, and near by are a few late 17th century cottages.
The civil parish was abolished in 1935 to help create Denton and Caldecote civil parish; in 1962 the ecclesiastical parish was abolished to help create Caldecote and Denton ecclesiastical parish. "