[Transcribed information from Stephen Whatley's Gazetteer of England - 1750] (unless otherwise stated)
"KIMBOLTON, (Huntingdonshire) with its castle, 54 cm. 62 mm. from London, on the b. of Bedfordshire, formerly the seat of the Mandevils, and afterwards of the Bohuns, Staffords, and Wingfields, from which last it passed by sale to the Montagues, is a great ornament to this W. part of the Co. Sir Rich. Wingfield built new lodgings and galleries on the old foundations of this castle, which was very strong, and had a double ditch. Hen. Montague E. of Manchester spared no cost in beautifying the castle; but it has been much improved, or rather new built in a very fine manner, by his great grandson Charles D. of Manchester, to whom it gave title of Baron. The Mt. here is Fr. Fairs July 23, Aug. 30, and Nov. 29. Q. Catherine, after her divorce from Hen. VIII. resided some time in this castle, wherein she was jointured, it having been forfeited to the crown by the Staffords. After her death the crown gave it to the Wingfields above mentioned."
"STONLEY, (Huntingdonshire) on the E. side of Kimbolton, had a priory, founded and endowed by William Mandevil Earl of Essex, then Ld. of the manor."