The church does not have a graveyard.
It was founded by Folds Rd church in 1868 and the Noble St church opened in 1872.
A mission was commenced by Folds Road Independent Methodist Church on Sunday May 24th 1868 at premises in Blackburn Street Bolton (now Deane Road) which was situated at the east corner of Kirk Street formerly used as a house and shop; and comprising in addition to the two convenient classrooms below, an upper room, wherein more than a hundred scholars could be accommodated. In a statement issued in the neighbour.hood the promoters said:-
"We believe there are many children in this district who go to no Sunday School, and these we wish to gather in. Our great aim is to impart a sound Scriptural education, and to bring careless sinners and persons living in vice and immorality to a saving knowledge of the Gospel of Christ." The new interest was placed by the Folds Road people in the especial charge of six persons, of whom, however, only five laboured actively in promoting it. These were William Crumblehulme, James Lomax, Robert Entwistle, George Boardman and Akkey Bamber, their principal helpers for the first two years being Sisters E. Holroyd, Lomax,. and M. Hollingworth (now Mrs. John Crumblehulme), and Brethren John Crumblehulme, Thomas Brown, Samuel Orrell, Samuel Hifton, Frederick Brooks, James Vickers, and James Crumblehulme.
A history of Noble St Independent Methodist has been written by Christine Crumblehulme.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.