BRINDLE, a parish and a subdistrict in Chorley district, Lancashire. The parish lies on the Leeds and Liverpool canal, and on the Preston and Blackburn railway, near Bamber-Bridge station, 5 miles N by E of Chorley; and has a post office under Chorley. Acres, 2,935. Real property, £6,401. Pop., 1,501. Houses, 265. The manor belongs to Lord Chesham. There are a cotton factory, print-works, chemical-works, brickworks, and quarries. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £515.* Patron, the Duke of Devonshire. The church is good; and there are a chapel at B.-Heath, built in 1864, a Roman Catholic chapel, a large boarding-school, a workhouse, and charities £31. The subdistrict includes also part of Leyland parish. Acres, 10,388. Pop., 6,021. Houses, 1,112.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Brindle area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Chorley.
You can see pictures of Brindle which are provided by:gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Brindle to another place. maps of Brindle and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD598243 (Lat/Lon: 53.713557, -2.610583), Brindle which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.