CLIVIGER, a township in Whalley parish, Lancashire; on the Rose-Grove and Todmorden railway, near the source of the river Iswell, 3½ miles SE by S of Burnley. Acres, 6,160. Real property, £14,950; of which £7,870 are in mines, and £179 in quarries. Pop., 1,770. Houses, 346. The surface is hilly; the rocks include coal, iron ore, and lead ore; and the national productions include rare plants and rare birds of prey.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)