DITTON, a township in Prescot parish, Lancashire; on the Warrington and Garston railway, 1½ mile NNW of Runcorn. It includes Haigh-Green hamlet; and has a post office under Warrington and a r. station. A railway to it from Runcorn was opened in 1869. Acres, 2, 072. Real property, £4,819. Pop., 764. Houses, 136. D. Hall is the seat of the Hon. Mrs. Stapleton. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a free school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St Basil and All Saints, Hough Green Road, Hough Green, Church of England
- St Michael, Ditchfield Rd, Hough Green, Church of England
- Liverpool Rd, Hough Green, Wesleyan Methodist
- St Basil and All Saints, Hough Green Road, Hough Green, Roman Catholic
- St Michael, St Michael?s Road, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Ditton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Halton. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Ditton to another place. Prescot. The history of Ditton as researched by A.John Parker. maps of Ditton and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ489856 (Lat/Lon: 53.364777, -2.769390), Ditton which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.