DITTON, a township in Prescot parish, Lancashire; on the Warrington and Garston railway, 1½ mile NNW of Runcorn. It includes Haigh-Green hamlet; and has a post office under Warrington and a r. station. A railway to it from Runcorn was opened in 1869. Acres, 2, 072. Real property, £4,819. Pop., 764. Houses, 136. D. Hall is the seat of the Hon. Mrs. Stapleton. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a free school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St Basil and All Saints, Hough Green Road, Church of England, Hough Green
- St Michael, Ditchfield Rd, Church of England, Hough Green
- Presbyterian, Upton
- St Michael, St Michaelís Road, Roman Catholic
- St Basil and All Saints, Hough Green Road, Roman Catholic, Hough Green
- Liverpool Rd, Wesleyan Methodist, Hough Green
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Ditton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.Halton. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Ditton to another place. Prescot. The history of Ditton as researched by A.John Parker. maps of Ditton and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ489856 (Lat/Lon: 53.364777, -2.769390), Ditton which are provided by:
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview