FOULRIDGE, a township in Whalley parish, Lancashire; on the Leeds canal and the Colne and Skipton railway, 2 miles N of Colne. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Colne. Acres, 2,450. Real property, £4,498; of which £70 are in quarries. Pop. in 1851, 1,233; in 1861, 988. Houses, 203. The decrease of pop. arose from the discontinuance of handloom weaving. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can see pictures in an area centred on OS grid reference SD890421 (Lat/Lon: 53.874780, -2.167327) which are provided by:professions and trades. for FOULRIDGE in The Craven Household Almanack Directory of 1911. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Foulridge to another place. Whalley. maps of Foulridge and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD890421 (Lat/Lon: 53.874780, -2.167327), which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.