Haydock, township and vil., Ashton in Makerfield par., SW. Lancashire, 3½ miles NE. of St Helens, 2409 ac., pop. 5863; P.O., T.O.; has ironfounding and extensive collieries; in vicinity is Haydock Lodge, now used as a lunatic asylum.
John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
- Clipsley Lane, Baptist
- Christ Church, West End Road, Congregational
- St James, Church Rd, Church of England
- St Mark, West End Road, Church of England
- St Paul, Chain Lane Off Blackbrook Road, Blackbrook, Church of England
- West End Rd, Blackbrook, Independant Methodist
- West End Road, Primitive Methodist
- Clipsley Lane , Wesleyan Methodist
- The Blessed English Martyrs, Piele Road, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Haydock area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Haydock to another place. Winwick. maps of Haydock and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ565967 (Lat/Lon: 53.465226, -2.656723), Haydock which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.