The church does not have a graveyard.
It was founded in 1876.
Is a plain Gothic building, spacious and well lighted. It was built by the Very Rev. Canon Boulaye in 1877, and is, practically, free from debt. Unfortunately the walls have given way, probably on account of the coal mines, by which all the land in the neighbourhood is honeycombed. To support the building, and prevent the possible danger of its collapsing, large beams have been placed as stays against those parts of the building on which the principals of the roof rest. Thus what was originally a fine building, and an ornament to the neighbourhood, has become unsightly and unworthy the name of a place of worship or school.
Taken from St Patrick's Schools Grand Bazaar Handbook: 1892
LITTLE HULTON, St. EDMUND'S
A beginning was made here in 1876 from St. Gregory's, Farn worth, where Canon Boulaye was Rector. Fr. Schneider, his curate, helped in the founding of the parish. A school-chapel opened with 24 children in 1878. A separate mission was established in 1890. An iron church was erected in 1895 but was destroyed by fire in 1898. A Gothic church of pleasing design was built in 1900 during the Rectorship of Fr. Peter Grobel.
The Rectors and Parish Priests have been: Fr. Wilfrid Hampson, Fr. Peter Grobel, Fr, Godric Keane, Fr. H. Hunt, Fr. Andrew Ivory; Fr George Cobb; Fr. Austin Rose; the present parish priest is Fr. Aloysius Guinan.
Taken from "Salford Diocese and its Catholic past", a survey by Charles A. Bolton, a Priest of the above Diocese. Published 1950 on the First Centenary for the Diocese of Salford.
It is located at SD7287403604 (Lat/Lon 53.528390,-2.410672). You can see this on maps provided by: